After a month of battling legal case, Netflix releases the highly controversial “Bad Boy Billionaire” series

After a month of battling legal case, Netflix releases the highly controversial “Bad Boy Billionaire” series

Bad Boy Billionaire is a Netflix documentary which unfolds the frauds committed by big businessmen like as Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi and Sahara India chief Subrata Roy.

Netflix on Monday released one of its most controversial series. The controversial documentary known as “Bad Boy Billionares” is said to be about the alleged financial frauds which happened in the recent years in India. The documentary unfolds the frauds committed by big businessmen like Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi and Sahara India chief Subrata Roy. Due to this, Netflix had a harsh battle for a whole month prior to the release.

However, the episode on Satyam Computer Services founder B Ramalinga Raju has been held by the over the top (OTT) platform. So far Netflix has only released three episodes of the documentary. The episodes featured Mallya, Modi and Roy. The release took place as soon as a court in Bihar’s Araria district on Saturday lifted off the restrictions it had imposed on its release in September.

“Bad Boy Billionaires” was originally set to release on September 2. However, it had landed itself in a legal battle after Mehul Choksi, whose name appears in the series, Roy and Raju seeked the court to call for a stall on the documentary saying it would affect their ongoing court trials.

People who were engaged in the development of the documentary declared that Raju’s matter was still pending in the Hyderabad court. Hence, the episode featuring him will not be released until legal matters clear up. Additionally, a lower court in Araria requested Netflix not to use the name of Roy. However, Netflix declined it and challenged the plea. Roy had quarreled that the this documentary was an attempt to defile his reputation and public image.

Netflix argued that and asserted that the laws of freedom of speech and expression in the nation is free to use. They used it to their advantage and adduced that the series is no less than a documentary. The Centre has refused to intervene in the battle. Netflix won it so far and has released the first three episodes on 5th October. (Source: HT)

Read More: 20-25 Crore people will be vaccinated by July 2021 in India: Health Minister

Read More: Hathras Rape Case: ‘Parents should teach their daughters to behave decently’ says BJP MLA

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: