Dismissing Claims, Court said that the Babri Masjid demolition was ‘Spontaneous’

Dismissing Claims, Court said that the Babri Masjid demolition was ‘Spontaneous’

On Wednesday, The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Court vindicated all the 32 accused in nearly three-decade-old Babri masjid demolition case.

Among the 32 accused, LK Advani, MM Joshi, Uma Bharti and Kalyan Singh were not present in the court for the hearing. While Advani and Joshi were advised not to travel due to age and the coronavirus disease pandemic and attended the hearing through video link, Bharti and Singh have contracted Covid-19.

The Judge Surendra Kumar Yadav said that Babri Demolition was not pre-planned, It was spontaneous. The case related to the razing of the disputed structure in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992.

“The CBI court has acquitted all 32 accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case. This ends the long pending dispute related with the December 6, 1992 incident,” said lawyer KK Mishra.

KK Mishra was representing 25 out of 32 accused in the case.

Sadhvi Ritambhara, Vinay Katiyar, Champat Rai, Jai Bhagwan Goyal, Acharya Dharmadas, Lallu Singh, Ram Vilas Vedanti and Pawan Pandey were present in the special CBI court hearing the Babri demolition case.

Iqbal Ansari, a petitioner in the Babri case, welcomed the CBI court’s decision. “It’s good that this is now over. Let’s all live in peace. Let there be no fresh trouble of this nature. Hindu and Muslim have always lived in peace in Ayodhya,” he said.

Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi in a video message on Twitter said the court order “proves our claim that the demolition of mosque was not pre-planned conspiracy….It was all spontaneous and there was no conspiracy”

The security at the court premises in Lucknow was tightened. Except the defence and CBI lawyers, and the accused persons, Noone was allowed inside.

The verdict in the case comes almost 11 months after the Supreme Court, in November last year, came in favour of building a temple at the 2.77 acre site in Ayodhya.

Satya pareshan ho sakta hai, parajit nahi. Aaj ek baar phir satya ki jeet hui hai. (True can be troubled but it cannot be defeated. Today, truth has won again,”Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan tweeted in Hindi.

Calling the acquittal in Babri conspiracy case as “long due”, Ram Madhav said a “malicious case against some of the most respected leaders of our nation has fallen aside finally after 3 decades.” BJP general secretary (organisation) B L Santosh flagged, “…Court rules out any conspiracy behind the demolition . Considers the demolition a spur of the moment

Read more: PM of World’s largest SECULAR democracy to inaugurate Ram Mandir?

Read more: PM Modi attends Bhoomipujan for Ram temple

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: