China carried out the provocative movement at LAC; Indian Army smashed the effort

China carried out the provocative movement at LAC; Indian Army smashed the effort

China showed aggression at LAC yet again. The incident took place overnight between 29 and 30 August, Defence ministry announced on Monday.

Although the Indian Army smashed the effort of “provocative military movements to change the status quo” by Chinese troops in the southern bank of Pangong Tso lake in Ladakh.

“On the Night of 29/30 August 2020, PLA troops violated the previous consensus arrived at during military and diplomatic engagements during the ongoing standoff in Eastern Ladakh and carried out provocative military movements to change the status quo,” the Indian army said in a statement

“The Indian Army is committed to maintaining peace and tranquillity through dialogue, but is also equally determined to protect its territorial integrity,” said Colonel Aman Anand, PRO, Indian Army.

“Indian troops pre-empted this PLA activity on the Southern Bank of Pangong Tso Lake, undertook measures to strengthen our positions and thwart Chinese intentions to unilaterally change facts on the ground.” said further.

However, A Brigade Commander level Flag Meeting is in progress at Chushul to resolve the issues.

On development on LAC, Sources in Indian Army said, “Chinese Army had tried to transgress into Indian areas using a sizeable number of troops but Indian Army pre-empted the Chinese attempt and foiled their move.”

Last week, after strong comments by Foreign Minister S Jaishankar that the stand-off along the Line of Actual Control of LAC this year was the “most serious situation after 1962 (when India and China fought a war)”, China said differences along the border needed to be sorted out peacefully.

Meanwhile, China also said that India should focus on the ‘big picture’ of bilateral ties. China suggested India take concrete steps to bring the relationship of both the countries back on track.Beijing said New Delhi should put the border issue in an appropriate position in this “big picture” and “avoid misjudgement”.

Although, Chinese defense ministry spokesman Senior Colonel Wu Qian had claimed that progress had been made in the disengagement of the frontline troops of India and China in eastern Ladakh due to efforts from both sides.

Furthermore, India has rejected the Chinese suggestion to disengage equidistantly from the Finger area in Eastern Ladakh.

Notably, The tension between India and China came on the surface after the Galwan Valley clash on June 15, when 20 Indian Army personnel.

After that incident, Armed forces got complete freedom to tackle with Chinese aggression and to give a “befitting” response to any Chinese misadventure along the LAC.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: