On Monday, 26th of August, on the sidelines of G-7 Summit in the French town of Biarritz, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met US President Donald Trump on the sidelines.
Both discussed several issues including Kashmir. The US President expressed his belief that both the countries, India and Pakistan will sort it out themselves. While PM Modi told Trump that Kashmir is a bilateral issue between the countries. PM Modi arrived in Biarritz from Manama on Sunday. Earlier, he concluded his three nation tour to the United Arab Emirates, France and Bahrain.
Let’s dropdown several highlights:
- We are trying to enhance trade between India, US, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- US President Donald Trump while on the bilateral meet with PM Modi at G-7 Summit says, “We spoke last night about Kashmir, Prime Minister really feels he has it under control. They speak with Pakistan and I’m sure that they will be able to do something that will be very good.”
- Trump says, “India and Pakistan will sort out differences soon.”
- On the sidelines of the G-7 Summit, US President Trump said Kashmir is a bilateral issue between both the countries, India and Pakistan after the talks with PM Modi.
- US President said that US is very good friends with India and Pakistan.
- On Kashmir issue, PM Modi said, “All issues between India-Pak bilateral; don’t want to give pain to any third country.”
- US President Donald Trump jokes with Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the bilateral meeting on the sidelines of G-7 Summit. Trump says, “He (PM Modi) actually speaks very good English, he just doesn’t want to talk” :ANI
- During the bilateral meet with PM Narendra Modi, President Trump said, “We are talking about trade, we are talking about military and many different things. We had some great discussions, we were together last night for dinner and I learned a lot about India.”
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale addresses media after PM Modi and President Trump met on the sidelines of the G-7 Summit.
- The Foreign Secretary of India, Vijay Gokhale said, “The bilateral meet between PM Modi and Donald Trump was mainly about trade. Trump said India had become a major importer of energy.”
- US President Donald J Trump tweets, “Just wrapped up a great meeting with my friend Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India at the G-7 Summit in Biarritz, France!”